The Arcade, located in the Central Business District of downtown Columbia, is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. The building was constructed in 1912 as Columbia’s first indoor shopping center and consists of two stories of above-ground retail space as well as a full basement with street access for additional retail space. There are two identical terra cotta façades that face Main and Washington streets in an "L" shape. Prior to its renovation, the building was mostly vacant with a handful of subpar tenants in a dark atrium. The renovation of this Columbia landmark was aimed at bringing the building back to its original glory to attract new, upscale tenants. The building is now fully occupied with eateries, retail and commercial tenants, and is once again seeing pedestrian traffic through its atrium.
Learn more about how GBX Group helped revitalize downtown Columbia: