Robinson & Mark's Building
Located in the Columbia Commercial Historic District, this property consists of two buildings and a parking lot. The Robinson Building is a two-story structure built in 1872 as a clothing and millinery shop. The Mark’s Building is a three-story stucco building constructed in 1866 for the Daily Phoenix newspaper, which ran until November 1878. Over the years, the buildings survived the ebs and flows of the Main Street Business District, most recently housing a military surplus store and other low end retail, and ultimately falling into disrepair. In the rehabilitation completed in 2017, the second story façade of the Robinson Building was exposed, which included windows facing Main Street. The building was converted to street level retail and luxury residential units in the upper floors. As part of this same rehabilitation, the Mark’s façade has been brought back to its early 20th century style with its interior combined with the Robinson Building. At the retail level, The Grand operates as a sports bar, restaurant, and bowling alley/entertainment complex, capturing the vitality of today’s Main Street District.