Hayden Building & New Hayden Building

Hayden Building & New Hayden Building

Columbus, OH

Hayden Building and New Hayden Building, now known simply as The Hayden, is the most recent historic preservation redevelopment to be returned to commercial service in the City of Columbus. The pair of buildings date back to 1869 (Hayden) and 1901 (New Hayden) and are named after an important businessman and family in Columbus’ post-Civil War era. The Hayden is the oldest remaining building on Columbus’ Capitol Square. New Hayden, at the time of completion, was the tallest building in the capital city at 13 stories. The rehabilitation utilized federal and state historic tax credits, and a Historic Preservation Easement.